Completion of this class will assure that you and your dog are well prepared for success in obedience training in real world situations.
Dogs are not ready to train with high expectations or to learn advanced skills/behaviors at the first lesson.
We’ve found that teaching solid foundational skills with reward-based methods greatly increases overall success in future advanced training.
The class is designed to improve each owner’s handling skills while preparing dog/owner teams to effectively train together long term. Dog owners will also gain a solid understanding of Learning Theory and how to effectively use it in the context of dog training.
Class sizes are always very small with a lot of individual attention for you and your dog.
Skills Your Dog Will Learn
- Sit on command until released
- Lie down on command until released
- Go to a bed and crate from a distance on command, staying until released
- Walk on a loose leash
- Come when called
Additional topics covered:
- Build confidence, trust and a better relationship through play
- Achieve solid attention and eye contact during training
- Contrast free shaping vs. teaching your dog to follow a lure
- Know the benefits of shaping strong behaviors before putting them on cue
- Develop clear verbal and non-verbal communication with your dog
- Learn to better read your dog’s body language.
- The step-by-step progression of teaching your dog to come when called
- Proper technique when teaching loose leash walking
- Increase your dog’s drive and motivation to work with you
- The concept of Engagement and its huge impact on training sessions
- Understand how and when to layer in distractions to proof behaviors
6-Week Group Class – $100
6-Week Private Class - $150
To get started, contact us here or fill in the form below. We'll get back to you asap.