Shaker Heights Pack Walk
A completely free pack walk designed to help your dog learn to be calm and relaxed around other dogs.
Location: Horseshoe Lake in Shaker Heights. The walk starts off of South Park Drive, between Attleboro and Lee.
Time: Every Saturday at 10am. We walk in pretty much all weather conditions! Check the Facebook Group for all updates.
Each Pack Walk lasts about 1 hour as we walk as a group around Horseshoe Lake in Shaker Heights. The group stops every 10 minutes or so to work on calm behavior and other group exercises.
- Learn how to read your dog’s body language.
- Gives reactive and fearful dogs a chance to succeed under threshold.
- Your dog will learn to settle around other dogs and amid numerous distractions.
You should find it a unique way to bond with your dog and you'll get to meet other a variety of other dogs and dog owners.
Pack Walk Rules
- Please bring poop bags and water for your dog.
- Each handler should have only one dog.
- Dogs walk together but do not greet each other on the walk.
- Do not ask to pet any of the other dogs during the walk.
- Dogs in red bandanas are reactive and fearful. Give them extra space and consideration.
- Have your dog on a standard 6 foot lead. No flexi-leashes.
- Bring food, if you use it in training, for attention exercises.
- Well behaved children are welcome and encouraged to join us on the walks.
Before, during, or after the pack walk, feel free to ask the trainers questions about obedience or other issues your dog is having!