Our obedience meet-ups bring dog obedience training into real-world locations with real-world distractions.
These classes build directly on the shaping, communication, and engagement skills each dog learned in the Foundation Skills Class and is designed for dogs who are clearly ready to move forward with higher expectations.
The overall goal of the dog obedience training class is to teach our dogs to live successfully in the social world that we live in and be well-behaved participants in our everyday lives.
Skills We Work On
- Hold position on command until released in multiple environments
- Appropriately greet people and other dogs.
- Come when called around other dogs and in distracting areas
- Walk on a loose leash in distracting environments
- Reinforcement schedules
- The importance of raising criteria as you train
- When a toy is an appropriate reward for some dogs
- The Premack Principle
- How to effectively utilize secondary reinforcers in training
- Keeping training fun and interesting
- Proofing behaviors in the natural environment
These meet-ups are flexible, affordable, and ongoing, allowing you to join when you have time.
Cost: $10 per session
Location/Time: We do these on a regular basis and generally announce them on our Facebook Page. You also can have us email you to let you know when they're happening.
Just get in touch via our contact page to get started or fill in the form below.